|Kongregate Registration for Free Flash Games and Chat with solprovider|
Outstanding Issues and Future Development
This version of Search has a few unresolved issues:
1. File locking: Is this a Lucene issue? Lenya had to be shutdown before recreating the index on MSWindows. There are no problems on Linux. Do incremental updates handle this better?
2. Scheduling: I plan to use cron on Linux, but I haven't tested it yet. The scheduler should be integral to Lenya.
3. Custom doctypes: Since it indexes the XML directly, customization for non-standard documents requires instructions. The instructions were not needed when everything was translated to HTML before indexing.
Future development1. Security should read from a configuration file. It is easy to add reading a file to search-and-results.xsp, but that configuration file should also be used for preventing protected pages from displaying, and removing items from the menus. I implemented this with XSL, but Lenya should handle security automatically.
2. Rather than scheduling the updates, they should be triggered from the CMS GUI when documents are changed, with a delay so the indexer does not run while the site is being heavily updated.
3. Default Language is hardcoded to "en". This is a minor issue if the search URLs include the language field:
The default language is set in search-and-results.xsp:
usecase-search.xmap should pass the default and/or current languages, and this line changed to use one of them.